Sunday, October 21, 2007

Heavenly Dogs



I do a lot of thinking about heavenly matters these days. I am not an astronaut unlike Yuri Gagarin nor am I an astronomer unlike our brothers in NASA. Therefore, when I speak of heavenly matters, I speak not of planets, asteroids, moons, that way that is rather milky or anything along that line. I care not whether Pluto is a planet or not. The only Pluto I care about is that crazy dog from Disney. So let me safely leave the planet of Pluto to the descendants of the great Galileo. They have the telescopes, the expertise and planetary obsession which I obviously do not have. The universe is there heaven not mine.

The heaven I know is the one taught to me by the gurus of religion and spirituality. I assume that you know exactly what I mean. Well, in case you haven't been to church for the last twenty years, let me refresh your heavenly memory. First, heaven is a place where men with white bird wings walk the streets. Earth dwellers like me and you call them angels. Second, sickness is non-existent there. This means doctors, nurses and medical workers are jobless when they go there because there are no sick people up there. Third, people there are forever happy. Therfore, Stephen King novels and sad movies are prohibited because they make people unhappy.

Well, there you go. I hope that was enough to refresh your memory. But if the idea of heaven still hasn't got into you, I think it's about time you consider buying that book they call the Bible.

Now, my problem is that I've grown tired of this "heaven" thing. It's so everywhere that the idea is increasingly turning into a boring idea. The balding parish priest in our church keeps babbling about it over and over again without any new detail. People, the likes of Joel Osteen keep on writing about it but their ideas are simply recycled from the Bible among other things. Pastors on TV like Benny Hinn talk about it like it's a gold bar with peanut butter on the sides. But all I see are cheap burgers with no cheese on it.

Yet, after all these exposures to heaven, I still have a three year old boy's concept about it.

So this led me to ask a lot of unnecessary heavenly questions. The most unnecessary of them all was;"Are there dogs in heaven?". I wish you to think about it. Don't mind the stupidity of the inquiry, simply give it a thought(if you know how to think). All I keep hearing about heaven are angels and cherubs and some white guys playing some harps. I didn't hear about dogs playing and prancing among heavenly clouds. Servants of God say that everyone is super-happy up there. But in case you are a dog lover like me and that there are no dogs up there, well, you won't be happy. Dogs make me happy but there are no dogs in heaven so I might as well try my luck in hell. Who knows, I might find down there demons walking their demon dogs around Hell Park.

As for now, no priest nor pastor can tell me if dogs do exist up there. There is as well no scientific evidence to prove it. So I believe it's a great surprise perfected by God to awe those entering the gates of heaven.

To end my nonsense, I have but one assumption as to why I think there are no dogs in heaven. If there are dogs up there, then it would be raining dog poops right now. Just imagine all the dog souls that go to heaven considering the fact that hundreds are being butchered right now to satisfy the taste buds of Filipino mouths.

1 comment:

BURAOT said...

quite an inquiry. while most evangelicals say that every life is created by God, and that includes the animals as well coz they do breathe, it is safe to assume, that even dogs, should go to heaven.

the argument then goes to the soul, which they say humans have but dogs don't. the argument would then go to the consciousness that pervades the soul, but then again, a dog as we can see is oblivious to his world that we know that he knows that he actually exists.

then goes another argument that, the consciousness that pervades the soul is actually the rationallity of men, and a dog simply wouldn't have the faculty to rationally think about it. but then, dogs were god's creation right?

if i simply go with these arguments, i think men simply put themselves up with the idea of heaven because he's the one who could imagine it.

and dogs are luckier, they don't have to put up with it.