Wednesday, October 31, 2007

MAGAZINE MARATHON

I did nothing today except read and browse over magazine after magazine. I knew that today was going to be a free day for me so I took my time yesterday to go to the Book Sale store in SM and grab copies of the magazines on sale. I ourchased a total of seventeen assorted magazines for a prize of only 147 pesos. Not bad, eh. They're actually cheap because most are previous issues. To prove it, I got this Reader's Digest issue that dates way back to 2003. I don't honestly care, I don't even look at the release dates because in the first place, most magazines aren't like newspapers that lose their value in time. Magazine articles retain their importance, even increase it during the passage of time.

Most of the magazines I purchased were American. I have a copy of the New Yorker. I love this magazine because of it's utmost focus to literary perfection. I also have a few copies of Reader's Digest, National Geographic and a couple of men's magazines.

I am planning to resell these magazines after I finish reading them. There is this store at the Maharlika Livelihood Center at the foot of Session Road that buys old magaines and books. I'm looking forward to reagaining the money I spent purchasing the magazines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Book Sale! i used to go to one near my school when i was in college.... eh, my friends used to think im crazy for buying outdated mags. it's good to know im not the only one. :)